The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support in carrying out the operational responsibilities of the Logos Community Church office and ministries. This individual is also the primary administrative assistant for the pastors. This individual is expected to carry out these functions while providing a cheerful and organized atmosphere for all who enter or contact the church office, meeting the needs of staff, board members, ministry teams, guests, volunteers, and congregants with care and discretion.
Administrative Assistant Position
Support for Pastoral Staff
- Assist pastors with organizational, communication, and administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments, meeting and travel requirements, preparing and sending correspondence, emails, preparing reports, presentations, running copies, scanning and filing papers, performing research, taking notes, etc.
Office Management and Administrative Support
- Serve as receptionist, screening and routing incoming calls and visitors to the church. Warmly greet each person with a friendly, courteous, and helpful attitude. Provide pertinent and appropriate information to callers and/or visitors.
- Assist with planning, logistics coordination, and communication regarding events and activities of the church.
- Assist other staff and ministry teams with clerical and administrative support.
- Maintain the church calendar, including scheduling and communication of ministry events.
- Plan and organize church events and oversee all event logistics, including lining up volunteers, catering, facilities, and other needed logistics.
- Monitor, organize and procure office and building supplies.
- Check, distribute, and process incoming mail.
- Operate, clean regularly and recommend when maintenance is needed for all office equipment.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, direct report meetings, and other church meetings as needed.
- Manage, update, prepare, proof, print and distribute bulletins and birthday and newborn baby announcements.
- Oversee, manage and keep the church database system up to date.
- Oversee and maintain church files and records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist ministry leaders with volunteer scheduling, team communication, and other ministry team administrative duties as needed.
- Develop and manage systems for processing event, facility and maintenance requests. Process and follow through with all requests.
- Maintain an organized and clean facility.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Has a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Member of Logos Community Church.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals – in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Warm, enthusiastic, and welcoming to members and guests as would be expected in a Christian environment.
- Ability to work well with others in the accomplishment of shared goals – including staff, congregation, guests, and volunteers.
- Capacity to organize tasks so that work is completed in a timely fashion.
- Attention to detail that ensures accuracy in church record-keeping.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in Office Suite (Microsoft or Google) products and church database software. Knowledge or willingness to learn.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail. Must be able to create and manage processes.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and proactively.
- Supervision – Executive Pastor
- Support – Executive Pastor
- Annual Review – Executive Pastor
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- At least two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Part-time, Tuesday and Thursday from 8 AM to 3 PM, and Wednesday from 8 AM to 5 PM (20 hours weekly)